So this is one of my most popular questions.
What do you do when you have your period and how do you stay motivated?
So firstly, let me start by saying this photo is me WITH my period.
I feel disgusting … BUT I think I look completely fine!
My skin is still good, my energy is good, my head …. well my head hurts and my tummy feels like someone has a blade and is stabbing my insides 😂 but I can’t help that.
Periods are really hard because you feel like you have been hit by a bus!
Having suffered with endometriosis I KNOW the pain of periods. Trust me I do.
Here’s my top 5 tips for dealing with periods.
1. Magnesium! Magnesium acts as a muscle relaxant and I have found that it is fantastic for painful cramps and associated lower back pain.
2. Water! Stay hydrated. Your body is going through a lot. Avoid nasty headaches and keep hydrated with water and peppermint teas to soothe your tummy.
3. Stretch and foam roll. Light stretching and foam rolling can do wonders for cramping.
4. Take it easy, no need to go crazy! Like I said before, your body is going through a lot. ‘Stress’ is not always worrying about something, stress can also be placed on muscles and joints from over training and not resting.
5. Avoid caffeine if possible. If you are a big coffee drinker, now is the time to back away. Caffeine can actually worsen period pain.
So there it is. That’s what I do and I’m so much better off for it :) I stay motivated because I have the energy to do so and a means to overcome these issues.
Eat right, exercise right and your body will reward you with energy and motivation to do MORE www.kaylaitsines.com.au/guides ✅
Just hit 70.6 lbs lost so far. About 8 lbs left until my final goal! (Left photo; February 2013, Right photo; Last Friday, September 2014) Follow the blog, www.lovealwaysla.com for healthy tips, product reviews, Q&A’s & more. 💪👟🍎 motiveweight